Jergens Natural Glow (reformulated) Daily Moisturizer - No Odor?!?

I recently purchased Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer in Medium to Tan. After spending most of this summer outdoors I'm very bronzed however the back of my legs and my inner arms, not so much. I happened to be walking around Wal-Mart in the Beauty Department ( where else would I be lol) and saw this on the top shelf with the little pink circle on it which reads " Finally! Great Color Without Odor!" plus I have to admit the banner on the product that reads " + Firming Daily Moisturizer" kind of sold me.  I mean I'm young and I'm all for things that will keep my skin firm.
image


As most people know the ingredient Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) is the active ingredient in all self tanners. Now this ingredient has a very unique smell, and often very strong and through out the day you can normally smell it more and more. So I was very skeptical that it would be Odorless, as I am not new to the self tanning world.
When I first opened this to smell it I will say that it is not "Not Odorless". It has a perfume smell that is covering up the DHA smell. I wouldn't say that it smells bad but smells more of a lotion but with more perfume in it.
When I first applied this product I did notice how hydrating the product was on my skin, which is a plus! The product comes out an off white/ crème color and rubs in completely clear. I did apply this product at night, since its better to apply after you have exfoliated your skin first.

image
(Product as squeezed out of tube onto skin)

image
(product once rubbed in completely)

After a few applications my inner arms now match my outer arms, there is no streaking and I have gotten used to the smell however, when I do apply I still apply at night. When I did apply in the AM I did notice the increasing smell of the DHA which isn't pleasant, plus I'm sure you don't want to smell like self tanner during the day.

Here's a picture of my inner arm which you can see there is no streaking but even coverage:
image
Overall this product is evenly coloring my skin gradually, although it is not completely odorless like it suggests this product doesn't have the smell like it used to before they reformulated it. Also I find that this new formula has better moisturizing properties to it than the old one as well. For an drug store self tanner its one of the better ones.
I purchased this product for $8.64 at Wal-Mart  ( which is available in store as well as online). www.walmart.com
You can also purchase this product at:
  • CVS-  $9.99 ( available online and instore) www.cvs.com
  • Walgreens- $10.49 currently on sale for $8.99 (available online and instore) www.walgreens.com
  • Target- $8.69 ( available online and instore) www.target.com
  • Ulta- $9.99  ( available online and instore) www.ulta.com

*This product was purchased with my own money, I did not receive free products to write a "good review", all words are my own.*



0 comments :

Post a Comment


up